I made a post in here a few days ago, but after seeing the new “Dear doodle derivative projects” post, I wanted to make a new post. I apologize if this comes off as “spammy”, but I could no longer update mine.
What are Cool Doodle Cats?
A collection of 5,000 cats that are an artistic mix between Cool Cats and Doodles! There are 2,000 whitelist spots (with about 700 still available right now) for a total of 4,000 for presale and 1,000 for public. We have not set a release date as we wanted to chat with the Doodles team first.
Which brings me to… What are we seeking?
We certainly want to show love and get some love by the Doodles community! We would love to be an “unofficial Doodrivative”.
I want touch on the guidelines that were set-
1. Transparency- My name is Lianna, the creator behind this project. Im 23 years old and am a big tech nerd in the cybersecurity field. I spend just about all of my free time learning and partaking in the NFT space. My husband Cody has joined me in helping out with the project as well. While currently we go as Buffy & Binx in the discord (our cats names) , we will provide an “about the team” section on the website.
2. Unique art style - The art is a mix between Cool Cats and Doodles. I wanted to use thick, gritty brush for the cat base to stay similar to cool cats, while using a solid smaller brush for the traits. I essentially want to have a similar vibe to Cool Cats, but with the Doodles style of the eyes off the body and a similar color pattern. My original mockups were pretty much doodles copy & paste when I wanted to get the ball rolling, but I have spent countless hours working on new traits/new styles as you will see in my newer tweets. We would like to stay away from simply copying Doodles traits as I did see feedback on that in the discord.
3. What love will I be showing?- We have been running many whitelist opportunities, and have been doing our best to make it fair and give many people the chance to get on the whitelist. There are 2,000 spots total, so many chances for Doods to make it (and we have seen that to be true!). We also would love to make a contribution to the Doodlebank. We’d love to talk more about that with the team.
4. Brand safety- A huge priority of ours is being respectful to the OG projects. We have done our best to be transparent so far in our intentions and our processes with reaching out. We give full credit to the OG projects and provide links in our discords to them. More on brand safety, we do our best to maintain a happy, safe, and welcoming community that is bot-free. Our discord remains private most of the time to avoid an influx of bots. Our mods are great at quickly removing any suspicious behavior, and we constantly preach about safety tips.
Some things in the Avoid section I want to touch on:
1. Name: We originally were “Cool Doodles”, we changed the name to Cool Doodle Cats, hoping the removal of the s at the end would suffice. We would like to avoid a larger change to avoid any confusion in the community, but obviously the Doodles founders opinions are above all.
2. Objective - We have no intentions to have competing objectives. We have not released an official roadmap, but I know that my main goal will be to support charities.
Thank you for your time and consideration