One week ago, Doodles launched on Ethereum. We’re truly humbled with the response seen across the metaverse. We luv the Doodles
Doodlebank is our community treasury that will be used to scale our team and begin experimenting to grow the Doodles brand. At the time of writing, there is over 650 ETH in Doodlebank!
We want Doodles to bring the joy of NFTs to millions of households worldwide. To do this we need to bring the Doodles into the mainstream and foster advocacy among our passionate collectors. To help guide us, we, the founders, will divert our energy in these areas of focus.
- Doodlebank - hire awesome Doodles at the direction of the community on who and why so that we can sustainably experiment with marketing activations, new media and experiences. We want to build a small, multi-disciplinary team to ship quickly and cover all of our operational bases.
- Partnerships - leverage Doodlebank learnings in partnership discussions with world-class retailers, studios, platforms, and IPs. The founding team will optimize their efforts in the highest-engaging and highest-returning verticals in web2 media.
- (Later) Product - build a welcoming experience for collectors new to blockchain. All these new audiences will need to be onboarded and have fun, Doodly things to do. After all, there are only 10,000 Doodles.
We hope this vision helps you understand our priorities and guide your contributions. Here are a few principles we can all follow that will help with Doodlebank coordination:
- Community - Treat each other with respect. Coordination requires human interaction and we all should have a high level of respect for one another in the forums regardless of the tension in the debate
- Sustainability - We need to be responsible with funds and ensure we are not putting the brand, team or company at unnecessary financial risk. We, the founders, will pay extra attention to proposals that have the potential to grow treasury and improve the collecting experience
- Validate before build - We won’t support chasing a pipe dream like building a game. Instead, we’ll use experiments to validate product-market fit and seek out the best partners that can do the heavy lifting to deliver world class Doodles experiences.
If you have an idea that you are passionate about, it’s time to put on your wizard hat or queenly crown and become Doodle champion.
Version 0.1 of the Doodlebank allows Doodle owners to vote for heavily discussed proposals that are put forth by a champion and upgraded by the Founding team.
As a champion, you are responsible for fostering initial discussion, refinements, farming dissent and garnering support! Only when your idea is truly ready should you put it up for a preliminary proposal.
Before an idea becomes a preliminary proposal, it must be discussed in our discourse forum to gather feedback, iterate and understand if there is worthy support. Once an idea feels “ready”, a preliminary proposal is created in snapshot by its champion and a vote is called.
When an idea is ready for the next stage, the champion will use snapshot to conduct a temperature check vote on a preliminary proposal using the following template.
- Doodle ID for Kudos: An ID of one of your Doodles. This might be used as a future surprise.
- Discourse: Link to your thread in “New Proposal Discussions”
- Rationale: Concise argument for your proposal
- Timeline: When will kickoff be, milestone dates, any time expectations goes here
- Goal: Set high level goals we will achieve. Numbers backed by past experience is even better
- Cost: What is the ask?
- Accountability: how is the money secured and managed? who will be accountable?
- See example of a final proposal here
Failing to follow the template or farm enough feedback/support will result in your proposal being removed by the founders.
A quorum of 15% must be reached in order for the proposal to be upgraded. Because 1 Doodle = 1 vote, there must be a vote turnout of 1,500 Doodles (and majority support) before the proposal becomes eligible for an upgrade.
Once a preliminary proposal reached quorum and majority support, the Founders will upgrade that proposal and reintroduce it as a final proposal adding necessary detail or context. We will try our best to stick to the original vision of the proposal but there is business, legal, and financial implications that need be considered and can potentially lead to restructuring.
After a final proposal has been created it will be shared across the entire community to maximize voter turnout.
- Voting for final proposals is done in snapshot
- Final proposals are created by the founding team
We acknowledge that proposals range in level of effort and cost so we want to set quorum thresholds that ensure we have higher turnout whenever more money is being spent
Stacks - the smallest of proposals. funding tooling, one-off activations, assets
- 5% quorum
- Less than 10 ETH
Racks - medium size proposals like long term contracts or experiences
- 10% quorum
- 10-25 ETH
Duffel Bags - major decisions and production expenses
- 15% quorum
- More than 25 ETH
We look forward to collaborating on the future of Doodles with you all. Let’s make exciting proposals and learn a lot about coordination from Doodlebank v0.1!
Thank you all for the support.
<3 from Tulip/Burnt/Poopie