Doodlebank v0.1 - vision & guidelines

Hello! I have spent my entire adult life in business development. I have helped scale a multi million dollar e commerce and real estate businesses through marketing, hiring, and managing efforts. I am deeply involved in the crypto/NFT space and I am the proud owner of Doodles 9956 & 9272. I will never sell 9956 because it is my identity. I would stop everything and dedicate my self to working for the team if the opportunity presented itself. I am a hardworking father of 2 who wants nothing more to do something I love for a living.

32 Likes

Thanks for this breakdown. Interested in your thoughts around quorum for Preliminary vs Final proposals and how you choose those %'s, what was the motivation for making Prelimary the same level as Duffle Bags?

7 Likes

A good start. Thank you team.

2 Likes

Sounds great - this is very helpful info to get started.

What, if any, options are there for voting down proposals? I guess a lot of this process relies on the amount of actual participation, but if holders are as excited as I am, the thresholds seem relatively low. I’m just worried that a fair amount of ideas that aren’t fully formed or haven’t been looked at critically enough by the community will get through to upgrade stage.

Also was wondering how we are calculating the total amount held in the Doodlebank at this point? If 2.5% of secondary sales, at 12.6K ETH volume traded at of 9:30am est on 10/25, seems we should have 315 ETH + 420 ETH = 735 ETH?

3 Likes

Amazing.Hope doodlebank can successfully help doodles

3 Likes

I agree, but i am also concerned with holders that are inactive and not casting votes so nothing goes through if the quorum is too high

5 Likes

This is a good point and I wonder if there is something we should do to encourage engagement. I know the one doodle = one vote rule will remain, but perhaps something within the process can assign heavier weight to active holders.

1 Like

I’m assuming voting and participation = desired community behavior.

Since snapshot voting is trackable, what if regular participation conferred some status / role within the community. For instance, promotion to OG role in discord. Members would need to participate in a minimum of 35% of voting proposals over a 6 month period to maintain that status. I’m unsure if a snapshot bot for discord exists but that would help with the administration.

4 Likes

good one, I second this

2 Likes

Great idea and excellent to include a measure of how sustained engagement is. I know that was just an example, but what ideas can we come up with for current OGs?

1 Like

great start team happy to be here! ill start brainstorming :slight_smile:

3 Likes

amazing, can not wait to see how far the team can take this

2 Likes

Amazing forum I love the breakdown, makes me more clear on the project, i will continue to support

1 Like

happy to be onboard for this journey

1 Like

I’ve got 10 years in marketing activations and experiential events and am down to help in any way I can. Just give me a dm if you ever need anything.

1 Like

Hey all! Proud owner of doodle #9054 here. Wanted to stop by and thank you all for the hard work and amazing growth we’ve had in our community. I’m hoping to become more active in this space and look forward to contributing where I can!

1 Like

This project is amazing!
I’m not a doodles holder but I like doodles very much. It can give me a chance to take part in doodles community. Thank you SPOOKLES! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

A good start. Thank you team.,every thing will be fine

2 Likes

Spoke to @pickle , was told to drop this here .

Hi I just read over the proposal for voting and had an idea . I think maybe some people don’t vote because they don’t fully understand how these proposals will effect the project in the long run . Maybe at some point before the final vote there should be some form of announcement from the team explaining how the proposal will take effect and the expected or projected outcome of said vote . That way those who are new and very unsure of the process an have a greater understanding of how the result of the vote might impact the project . Just my 10 bob on the matter let me know what you think

2 Likes

Voting announcements would be great. I am a new owner of doodle 2745, very happy to be a part of this community. I am also an animator and would love to help out any way I can.