Seeking to approve a budget of 25 ETH for 3 months.
- 10 ETH to fund community contests prizes and contractors.
- 15 ETH to create Doodle dust as rewards for:
A. Rewarding proposal champions and their teams for successful implementation.
B. Tip jar for community event organizers, content creators and artists (monthly, community-nominated)
10 ETH BUDGET
1. Fund community contests prizes and contractors (adhoc)
Goal: Farm vibes. Increase meaningful participation and engagement in the community.
- Proposals for contests and activations need not pass through DB as long as approved by @Mushy / Discord Mod Team
- Similar to Lore Wars contest, upcoming Doodles Music cover art contest.
No specific requirements, except:
- Conflicts of interests clause: organizers are not eligible to receive payments or engage related companies, unless approved by the mod team.
- Minimum engagement: More than 50 holder participants for prizes to be unlocked. (benefit and engage more doodlers as opposed to a small niche)
Examples of payments:
- 0.2 ETH to pay animator to animate winning lore entry (contractor payment).
- 0.05 ETH to purchase prize Doodles merch for raffle contest (prize).
- 2 ETH to engage mural artist to paint winning Doodles (contractor payment).
With funds pre-approved in this proposal, we can move fast and encourage regular contests. Removes current barriers such as finding resources, preparing proposals and passing the snapshot vote.
- New ETH wallet managed by @Mushy (Doodlebank manager) with wallet address made known to the community.
- Contractor payments to be made known via #updates (same thread as founder and royalty payments)
15 ETH BUDGET
2. Create Doodles Dust wallet for A) Rewards and B) Tip jar
Fractionalized based on t-shirt sizing shorthand (approximate eth value):
XS - 0.001 DOODLE (0.015 ETH)
S - 0.002 DOODLE (0.03 ETH)
M - 0.004 DOODLE (0.06 ETH)
L - 0.006 DOODLE (0.09 ETH)
XL - 0.01 DOODLE (0.15 ETH)
XXL - 0.02 DOODLE (0.3 ETH)
Valuable, on-brand rewards and incentives to encourage community participation in building the brand. Doodlebank has been quiet for a while, this is an experiment to sustain meaningful activity.
- Managed by @Mushy with wallet address made public to the community (same wallet as ETH).
- Should the experiment succeed, future DOODLE tokens to be held in Gnosis multisig wallet with cosigners consisting of mods or community members in various timezones.
2A. Reward Doodlebank proposal champions and their teams
Building on a past proposal by Mushy: Doodle Dust as Incentives
Goal: Reward proposal execution and incentivize quality proposals in Doodlebank.
Simultaneously execute DB guidelines refinement and forum clean-up.
- Proposal champions to prepare proposals, now with ‘briefs’ and suggested categories.
- Briefs to be prepared with Doodles team, based on key activation themes and Doodles calendar of events/releases and published in Discord and DB.
- Update DB guidelines to have suggested categories and no-go areas.
- Avoid ‘no-go’ areas (such as proposal for Doodle tokens, or derivative collections).
- Archive in-active or outdated proposals to remove forum noise.
Rewards are distributed in 2 stages.
- Successful preliminary and final proposals.
- Successful implementation (max 2 months if it’s an evergreen initiative).
Assessment (XS to XXL) of the appropriate amount of Doodle dust rewards to be determined by moderators and Mushy or a panel consisting of mods + community at the end of each stage.
2B. Tip jar for community organizers, content creators and artists
- Monthly distributions, community nominated, mod accessed and approved.
- The team as well as community members can nominate folks to be tipped in an activity channel on discord #tipjar.
- The moderator team will review nominations, and make sizing determinations (usually XS to M)
- Mushy will make transfers of Doodles Dust to individual wallets.
- Updated in #Updates as well as News stand.
Who are eligible to receive tips?
This list is non-exhaustive:
- Organizers of online or IRL events (including contests) that have benefitted a number of doodlers.
- Volunteers for official online or IRL events.
- Content creators that have created specific content (art, articles, tweets, videos, twitter spaces) that has positive brand impact.
- Builders / devs that build on top of Space Doodles, licensed properties.
- Individuals or agents that bring valuable licensing/cross-licensing opportunities.
- Talent referrals: bringing talent into the Doodles ecosystem for building or promotion (i.e. Team hires a developer you introduced. Your friend who’s a celebrity bought a Doodle on your recommendation)
- Super-helpful Doodlebank supporters who provide the right amount of dissent and constructive opinions.
- Doodles newsletter contributors.
- Ruggles stuff. IYKYK
- Excludes commissioned works / commerical works paid for by others.
Examples of content creators:
Timeline for executing this proposal
- Feedback + discourse phase (1 week)
- Snapshot vote targeted: April 8 or 9th, final proposal a week and a half later.
- If fast-tracked for final proposal, community fund wallet to be created and published on discord, DOODLE token to be purchased.
- Contests, #channels can commence immediately after final vote.
- Guidelines and briefs to be updated on Doodlebank by the end of April
- Push for deployment of funds over next 3 months.
Thank you! Let’s get this done.