Doodles + Digination.io = an experience in the Metaverse

tl;dr
Our team would like to propose increasing the Doodles exposure in the metaverse through acquiring a presence within Digination.
This proposal is non-dilutive, and every holder will receive a 3D rendering of their bud (associated with the ownership of their Doodle) to join the metaverse on the Digination platform.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (4)

We have also created a few slides deck to present the idea in a more succinct way, if you are the “deck” kind of person.

Team Introduction
We are excited to bring up our first proposal to the community, but first things first, we’d like to introduce ourselves:

7012 (Doodle #7012, me). I am a professional marketer with long experience in consumer tech and digital marketing. I joined this community on Day 7, and I am 100% passionate about this project and would love to bring additional value to all fellow Doodles. I am doxxed, so - if you fancy - you can get to know me a little better on my public Linkedin profile.

My business partner is NFC (former Doodles #1327 and #2509). NFC is a game theory expert and long-time crypto degen. He bought his first NFT in 2017, and he’s a source of infinite wisdom when it comes to Web 3.0. Feel free to know more about NFC on Twitter.

Important to note that for this project, we are ACTIVELY collaborating with Digination.
Their project team comprises 50+ people from Singapore, New Zealand, the Philippines, Vietnam and China, mostly game developers and designers. The team has been working on virtual world/metaverse games for over ten years.
The company has already got support from several CEX and is planning IDO in Q1 2022 (check more - Team, Investors and Advisors - Digination-Litepaper).

Project Overview
We want to see our Doodles permeating every meaningful pocket of web 3.0 to increase our brand’s exposure and general awareness.
Working with Digination.io to create 3D renderings of our Doods would allow us to bring our buds to life and create experiences where Doodlers can interact in a more immersive way.
Digination.io would take care of the avatar creation, and their development team will create our Doodleverse according to the indications of the community.
Ideally, once the founding team has chosen the overall pillars, all the subsequent decisions could be voted by the community through Discord or Snapshot.

Value and Opportunity
Creating our own Doodleverse will open the door to several benefits:

• Add value to the experience of owning a Doodle without dilution:
    By bringing your Doodle to life, you will unlock interactive and more immersive experiences that transcend the create utility for your PFP.
    Entering the Digination universe will allow Doodlers to interact with NFT enthusiasts from other collections, offering unprecedented networking opportunities (Pudgy Penguins, Crypto Punks, and Digiavatars are the collections currently supported in Digination).
    The 10,000 3D renderings are tied to their root Doodles NFT.
    Thanks to the editor tool (DigiMaker), once the collection joins the metaverse, every Doodle will be able to create 3D stuff like items or even mini-games that can be sold either in-game or as an NFT on markets.

• Proven ecosystem
    Digination’s experienced team will take care of the 3D renderings and development of the ecosystem.
    Alpha communities such as Crypto Punks and Pudgy Penguins have already created their metaverses on Digination.
    Every community metaverse is highly customizable, and it can be created to the specs required by the DAO. That allows freedom to create anything from a holder lobby to a fully-fledged game with tasks and levels.

• Brand Exposure
    Creating a metaverse on Digination will allow Doodles to increase their exposure within like-minded audiences and figure among pioneers in the space building their customized community space.
    Digination is a global company with an ambitious growth plan and a proven track record of success. Their growth will bring our Doods in front of more and more eyeballs.
    Some numbers: More than 1.1K users joined Digination metaverse during the Alpha test. With an average 81% 7-days retention rate and a whopping 4 hours daily avg. playing time per user.

Challenges
While we feel the benefits greatly outcome the threats, we see a couple of challenges that could impact this project:

Development costs (starting at 30ETH) can increase based on additional requirements from the community. For total transparency, here is a list of what is included within the 30ETH package:

• 3D visualization of all NFTs from the OG collection of the community;
  • Enable all NFTs the entry to metaverse as playable characters;
  • Join any P2E events in the existing ecosystem;
  • Create the customized metaverse(DAOverse) for the community, enable land sales for project owners to generate revenue, including price, qty, rules;
  • The project can create its ecosystem;

Shared decision-making process. Once we create our Doodleverse, we want every Dood to have a reason for joining and enjoying it. That is why we would like to make sure every critical choice is taken to the vote and decided by the community. At the same time, we know that coordinating 5K people can be challenging, and we will be working on quorums and quotas should this proposal go ahead.
Thanks to our active collaboration with Digination, we can deliver a great experience to the community. Still, we would love everybody to be as involved as possible, so please share your comments and feedback!

Budget: Duffle Bags
With a 30ETH total expense, we would get the “Metaverse Utility Package”:

• 3D visualization of all NFTs from the OG collection of the community;
  • Enable all NFTs the entry to metaverse as playable characters;
  • Join any P2E events in the existing ecosystem;
  • Create the customized metaverse(DAOverse) for the community, enable land sales for project owners to generate revenue, including price, qty, rules;
  • The project can create its ecosystem;

We plan to connect the founders with the Digination teams to flesh out the final SOW and timelines upon approval.

Final Words
We want to thank you for reading our proposal, and we’d love to hear your take on it.
Since the very beginning, we have been with the Doodles, and we aim to keep adding value to this fantastic project.
Once we crossed the road with Digination, we immediately realized it was the moment to create a proposal and share it with our community friends.
The team at digination has also created a nice trailer to show what the Doodles in their Metaverse would look like.

1 Like

Thank you for the proposal dood!
Especially the deck. I appreciate that clean canva proposal.

Personal opinion: I’m generally skeptical about metaverses because of limited utility and adoption. Exceptions for games.

Summarizing what i understand:

• Digination offers customizable, pocket metaverses-as-a-service. With several bells and whistles including land sales, mini-games as a features with SDKs for product extensibility (games).
  • They’re looking for premier content that would attract users, increase the value of the business and earn from subsequent in-game transactions.
  • Doodles is a fast growing and fun entertainment brand that has mass appeal.
  • Therefore are willing to do a bunch of things including generate 1:1 3D avatars for all Doodles + customize the initial experience for 30ETH.

But… I do see a potential now with Space Doodles on the horizon, lore and the ability to compose on top of the space ship traits.

What you’re proposing could be a prototype Doodles Disneyland enabler. Not the final product but a fun playable prototype.

I have a TON of questions, suggestions and also concerns (timing, meaningful and aligned content, avoiding white elephants).

But I’ll let my fellow Doods chime in because they will ask great questions. :slight_smile:

Instead, some ‘boring’ clarification questions:
1. What’s your commercial relationship with Digination?
Do you get paid a consulting fee from the 30ETH paid to them? It’s fine if you do, just seeing all the cards laid out

2. Will we be able to avoid vendor lock-in for the 3D Doodles assets created?
I understand there would be commercial interest from the dev co to keep users on their platform. But I think having 3D 1:1 Doods for each Doodler that is made available on the Doodles website would help the community swing in favor to this proposal. (see: The Pixel Doodles)

3. In the digination terms-of-use or user licensing agreements, who owns the 10k Doodle assets. Similar to point 2, my guess is that it would be a flat no if Digination has a blanket commerical license to the assets. Since Doodles is an entertainment brand, the only way this works is if the assets are owned by Doodles LLC (commissioning Digination for production work) with a scoped license agreement for use within the Digination platform. This will also apply to other IP. I.e. if we have rainbow puking as an in-game action.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey Ayhth,
Thanks a lot for your great comments, I love the enthusiasm, and also your questions, they are all super relevant.
If you’d like to join forces and work with us on this project, we’d love to include you. Let me know and I can reach out in Discord to check how we can move forward.

Wrt. your questions, please find my answers here below:

1. What’s your commercial relationship with Digination?
If we end up making a deal with them, they offered a 10% consulting fee for helping out.

2. Will we be able to avoid vendor lock-in for the 3D Doodles assets created?
One option to make the 3D doodle independent from one platform is to morph it into an NFT with its own contract. In this case, though, it would become as a sort of derivative, and it should be linked somehow to the original NFT (so if someone sells their Doodle, they also sell the 3D rendering).
Another option is to make the 3D rendering downloadable from the website, so any owner can download the rendering and use it elsewhere 3D characters are compatible.
We can definitely check with the Digination team if they are able to go this way, and what would be the cost involved.
The other alternative is that when you connect your wallet to digination, you’re offered to “enter” with the rendering of the Doodle(s) in your wallet.

3. In the digination terms-of-use or user licensing agreements, who owns the 10k Doodle assets.
I find this point of critical importance indeed.
Speaking with my contact at Digination he told me they don’t have any problem with IP ownership and are ready to set-up the legal documents required to make it clear if needed.

Please let me know if the above clarifies some of your questions,
Happy to chat on Discord and see whether you want to help us push this forward,
Best,
Nico

2 Likes

Thanks @CritikalMess ! As mentioned on discord, it would be best to be neutral here to facilitate the discourse & vote (if it makes it to that stage). Got my hands full atm. But appreciate the thought :slight_smile:

Curious to see the feedback from the other doods.

• Regarding 3d 1:1 deriv nfts, it would be dilutive, hence probably not.

• The simplest would be digination creates and has the 3d assets usable in Digination and provides Doodles with the 3d files which can be downloaded separately in an official way.

• Doodles has the right to request a stop to the usage of the assets anytime (perhaps after a minimum period of use in the licensing agreement).

• 3D renders would probably benefit from some quality control by Scott and the team.

IMO the strength of the proposal is that every Doodler gets a 1:1 3D version. So even if the Digination experience fades, we can still use the models create in other arenas. Of course, this is a commercial matter that Digination needs to decide if it’s worth our valuable community trying out their platform and giving a boost to the brand.

1 Like

Hey @ayhth thanks again for your comments, please find my replies here below:

• Regarding 3d 1:1 deriv nfts, it would be dilutive, hence probably not.
    Correct

• The simplest would be digination creates and has the 3d assets usable in Digination and provides Doodles with the 3d files which can be downloaded separately in an official way.
    The 3D assets can be created as file for download

• Doodles has the right to request a stop to the usage of the assets anytime (perhaps after a minimum period of use in the licensing agreement).
    Diginatio team is happy tp discuss a licensing agreement that satisfy our conditions

• 3D renders would probably benefit from some quality control by Scott and the team.
    This is interesting, of course there is a trade-off we need to make when it comes to playable characters with skeletal animations.

Last but not least I want to stress that, 3D characters apart (which as you say are a big part for the Doodle community to be interested in this) the ecosystem offers the possibility of owning and selling lands, UGC, P2E, etc. This means that, design apart, also the possibilities of shaping our ecosystem would be virtually limitless.

I am looking forward to more comments from our fellow Doodlers!

1 Like