I’m looking to get feedback from the community on how they feel about a possible Doodles x Dark Matter Coffee collab.
I know the individual who leads their brand partnerships team, so if the community seems interested in exploring this idea further, he and I could get together to build a more comprehensive/formal proposal. (Including projected $'s, qty, and timeline details)
Who the hell is Dark Matter Coffee and what could make them a good fit partner?
Dark Matter Coffee is a Chicago-based roaster that adheres to a philosophy where coffees are sourced based on traceability, innovation, and social responsibility. They have existing direct relationships with farmers across Central and South America. They also have built out infrastructure as it relates to printing, packaging, and international distribution.
At a high level, how would the collab work + what would it look like?
Every month the Dark Matter team puts out a “Limited Monthly Blend” where they collaborate with different artists. Here’s a link to what their recent collabs look like: Limited Monthly Blend Gallery – Dark Matter Coffee
The Doodles team would get to own the artistic vision/design of the package - the Dark Matter team would own coffee sourcing, importing, roasting, packaging, and distribution/shipping.
The Dark Matter team also has existing relationships with grocers/retailers across the US… so depending on the success of the launch there could be a path for a longer-term licensing deal that generates recurring revenue for the community treasury.
What could be the benefits of prioritizing this?
- I think it’s clear that the Doodles fam wants to start seeing the brand come to life via digital + physical merch activations. Coffee is a fairly universal consumption item so my guess is that a lot of our existing community would order/participate.
- Given Dark Matter already has the infrastructure built out from sourcing —> international distribution, they would own the heavy lifting.
- Could be a fun experiment that would help Doodles build-out + test our licensing framework.
- Could be a fun, low stake experiment to help the community build our “voting” muscle. (Community could vote on the type of coffee, roast, etc.)
- Could turn into a bunch of social engagement - think about people tweeting out pictures when they receive the product!
- Check out their limited monthly blend gallery (2021 Collabs/releases below)! Their execution is top-notch (high-quality feel + look DOPE).
- Their coffee is delicious, incredibly high-quality, traceable, and sourced directly from farmers
- Vibras/Doodle #2000 would be happy to champion this from idea through execution
Question for the core team + community:
What hesitations come to mind?
I think there could be an educational/activation angle to this (maybe using the back of the packaging to educate people about the world of NFT’s?) - can any of you all think about how we could breathe more life into this product vs. just it being a Doodles packaging?
Would you appreciate seeing a more comprehensive/detailed proposal?
Would you like to be able to buy some Doodles x Dark Matter Coffee?