this proposal is a request to recuperate costs spent by the doodles founders during our miami art basel marketing, brand, and digital experience activations.
within 1-week of launching doodles, the founders knew that nft nyc would be a critical cultural event for nfts and web3 to show up to. with conviction, we deployed approximately 22.6 ETH of our own capital to showcase the brand and to display how web2/web3 brands can deploy grassroots marketing activations on the ground and in the community.
miami art basel proved to be a more important cultural moment in history for web2 and web3 merging into a predictable future across entertainment, art, and fashion.
the founders believe doodles have secured a significant spot in the history books for what entertainment, arts, and events can look like with web3 communities, and how web2 companies can get involved.
we would like to propose a request to withdraw 137.63 ETH from the doodlebank.
we deployed a total of 137.63 ETH of capital to accomplish:
- 40,000 Sqft Burnt Toast mural in Wynwood, Miami
- Materials, team, security, insurance, prep work
- Heart Basel party ft. performances by Gunna, Amine, A-trak, Dave1, D33J, ASAP Nast
- Heart Basel art show at mural location with 6,000+ attendees ft. floor-to-ceiling inflatable installation by Geronimo
- New doodle holders with millions of earned impressions for the doodles brand: Future, Gunna, Steve Aoki, Dillon Francis, Rich the Kid, Fat Joe, etc.
- Doodles custom fashion debut at private retailer event
- Relationship-building retreat with founders, artists & entertainers at Doodles Miami HQ
- Snapchat partnership ft. Doodles custom lens (MVP - V2 in development)
- Snapchat Lens takeover ad campaign with 2 million geo-targeted impressions
- 20% spend allocated to Miami, 80% world-wide
- 17,000 lens installs
- .77% save rate. 300% higher than average
- 2.08% share rate. 512% higher than average
- Snapchat experiential partnership ft. AR-experience live Burnt Toast Doodles Mural
- Earned Media: 100M+ Cross-Platform Impressions, Hypebeast coverage and Coinbase coverage. Ongoing inbound press requests.
the results and ROI of miami art basel will be difficult to quantify, and some of the learnings we are still taking time to put into a cohesive retrospective, however, we believe the following was accomplished:
- Doodles brand strength and recognition
- Future Doodles partnership and brand collaboration leads
- Position Doodles and Burnt Toast as a leading and high-valued brand and artist
- Merchandise / Fashion early development and inbound interest from retailers
- Successful execution and sentiment of a web3 event — opportunities to scale with revenue opportunities: Re — SXSW, Coachella, “Doodlefest”
- Token / Community gated value-add to NFTs: specifically doodle holders
- Core-Team building and talent acquisition
- Strengthening new and existing partnerships via activations: Snapchat Filters / AR Mural, Nifty Gateway Scavenger Hunt, Partnership meetings that must remain non-public.
some expenditures we do not intend to recuperate and will be covered / have been covered by the founders is in the amount of 32.5 ETH and approximately 50ETH+ in personal collection NFTs for partnership development.
as doodles is still in its infancy, we acknowledge this is not the best way to deploy doodlebank capital.
the founders took a risk to activate their own capital quickly in order to participate in this culturally significant moment within a 3-week turnaround time. One of the largest expenses was accommodations for a large production team.
our next founder proposed marketing beat and spend will surround our 1st party release and it’s lead up.
additionally we plan to form an entertainment and live-event arm of the doodles core team to properly execute on significant existing events for 2022, as well as scope out our own conference/festival which aims to connect web2 and web3 across film, tech, music, blockchain, defi, and other industries.
moving forward, all marketing, partnership, and event budget requests from the doodlebank will be proposed proactively vs. retroactively.