Onboard & Educate New NFT Users

Gm fellow doods. :sun_with_face:
This is dood #1050 (Twitter Tag - 0xshub) (IRL Name - Shubham Kumar)

My Projects Disclosure :

• ScribeDAO with 0xJim from Aave Protocol. I was responsible for developing the Reputation System to manage the contributors & their content + rewards.
  • LearnJPEG (Current)

NFT trading activity has more than doubled between July and August 2021, according to the number of unique wallets that either bought or sold an NFT. By August 2021, there were roughly 280,000 unique buyers or sellers(the source does not distinguish between the two - after a growth of 185,000 unique wallets).

The current adaptation rate for NFTs has been quite good but not the best. We have seen a lot of Celebrities & Influencers purchasing NFTs, which in turn bought in a lot of new users. But a majority of these New Users never convert to buying & selling.

Why?
The major problem faced by these New Users are education & onboarding. There is no dedicated platform for NFT Education available currently. Onboarding into NFTs is already a very tough task for a lot of people due to the complexity of handling their own wallets without complete knowledge. A lot of users also fall victims to scams due to this lack of information.

How do we plan on fixing this?
Enter LearnJPEG. We have designed a NFT Education platform with a lot of added utilities + benefits for learners. The main function of our platform will be:

• :orange_book: Learn & Earn - This will allow new users to enrol into NFT + Web3 courses and earn in-app coins for successfully completing the course. These courses will contain a variety of content, such as text guides, videos, podcasts & more. The course will be followed by some questions which would authenticate wether a user really learnt. On successful completion of the course, the user would receive a fixed no of coins. These coins can be converted into NFTs using our Rewards Store. All courses on our platform will be free of cost.

How do we need from DoodleBank?
We would like to approach the DoodleBank to fund the development of our platform. The doodle bank will receive 20% of all our future revenues & assets. + A permanent sponsorship banner on our platform which would bring more attention to doodles along with appreciation from the whole NFT community.

PS - We are never going to do a NFT drop to raise any kinds of funds. All NFTs created by the LearnJPEG team or our contributors will be put in the rewards sections where they can be claimed by our learners by redeeming their coins.
Our goal is to create a NFT education platform that is able to fund + operate itself completely independently after development. We have a working business model for this and are happy to share it over Twitter DMs.

Feel free to reach out to me if you want more info about LearnJPEG or would like to contribute to it (we are looking for people with backend development skills).

2 Likes

Could you more explicitly state the funding you need from doodlebank i.e. amount?

In addition, how will LearnJPEG bring in revenue?

1 Like

LearnJPEG will bring in revenue from the multiple sources, but our main source of revenue would be from Project Mint Here Listings.

Image only for representational purposes.

Mint Here
We provide an option for projects to apply for Mint Here listing on our website. This would allow a project to allow our users to mint directly from their contract. This will attract a fees of 2 ETH for the project.

So why would a project choose this?
Currently projects pay between 2-4 ETH just for listing on a website like RaritySniper which only provides the rarities. So we believe that the features being offered to the projects for 2ETH would definitely bring us a lot of listing requests.

Will each & every project be allowed to list on our platform?
Yes, the free listing would be available for every project. But the Mint Here listing will only be available for projects that have been screened & approved by the team.

How much funding do we require from DoodleBank?
We are looking to raise between 10-15 ETH from the DoodleBank depending on what the community & the project founders feel comfortable with. The total development cost for our platform would be around around $60,000(20.5 ETH currently) for the Main Website, Admin panel to publish content and Mobile Apps for iOS & Android.

I will be putting 2.5 ETH as the founder of this project. and 3 ETH more will be contributed by our remaining team. So we already have a total 5.5 ETH and are currently short of 15 ETH. We will also try to raise funds through grants for marketing of the platform after the development is completed.

We expect the development

1 Like

I think (as you clearly do too) that more (engaging) educational resources are needed in the nft community. However, what are the optics of providing paid promos on an educational site for new nfters?

3 Likes

This was much debated by our team. And the final outcome was, we decided to stick with our vision of providing NFT Education as our main product. So to avoid shifting the Team’s focus to Mint Here, the team has decided to cap the projects to a maximum of 10 a month. So we will not be allowing more than 10 projects to list under Mint Here within a month.
These 10 projects will be curated & will only be available to users who have been registered on our platform for at least a certain amount of time & have completed a certain no. of courses.

These 10 listings a month should bring us a Revenue of 20 ETH per month.

• 20% of this revenue will be transferred to DoodleBank each month.
  • 40% of this revenue will be transferred to our Treasury Wallet.
  • 40% of this revenue will be used to pay off our contributors & expenses.

This revenue will act as a self funding mechanism. We have approached the DoodleBack & the Doodle Community to request 10-15 ETH & expect to pay it back within 5 months post launch. There will be a development period of 3 months before launch. So we will be taking a total of 8 months to pay back the principal + 4 ETH to DoodleBank per month thereafter.

1 Like

Here are some sneak peaks from the platform design.

I am happy to read this topic thank you for your hard work on behalf of the doodle family
I was in crypto for many years before finally entering into the world of NFT art and web 3 and gaming platforms. Of course I was quickly scammed, embarrassed and hurt. I couldn’t believe how easily i did it to myself with someone else pulling my greed strings. It made me very determined to learn as much as I could as quickly as possible.
This teaching and the incentives that come with it are long overdue and I think are a great idea. Thank you
macdood.eth macdaddy

2 Likes

Hey @macdaddy

Thanks for your support & believing in us.

We have been working on the designs of this product for the past 1 month and before that we spent about a month on research, material collection and whitepaper.

This project is something close to heart for me as i always wanted to bring education to the NFTs space. About a few months ago, i use to summarise good Crypto/NFT news articles & then turned them into Twitter Threads to distribute more information & knowledge.

We would really love it if you could share something that you would have liked to learn as someone new to NFTs.

1 Like

I think that could lead to some good outcomes, but we need to make sure the learnJPEG brand is not too leaning towards the path of for-profit organization. Before that, I would suggest doodles not to affiliate with this brand, but will have free advertisement on this platform.

but 100% support doodles to affiliate if this platform turns out to be the Wikipedia in NFT space.

1 Like

We will be limiting our focus towards profit by limiting the Mint Here listings to only 10 a month.
These 10 listings will bring us a revenue of 20 ETH.

• 20% (4 ETH) of this revenue will be transferred to DoodleBank each month.
  • 40% (8 ETH) of this revenue will be transferred to our Treasury Wallet.
  • 40% (8 ETH) of this revenue will be used to pay off our contributors & expenses.
    (This will be monthly process & we will be contributing 4 ETH to DoodleBank per month there after)

And honestly without the support from doodles community i do not think we will be able to make this platform a reality. I truly believe the all my fellow doods will see the benefits of this platform and help me make it a reality.

I am happy to read this topic thank you for your hard work on behalf of the doodle family
I was in crypto for many years before finally entering into the world of NFT art and web 3 and gaming platforms. Of course I was quickly scammed, embarrassed and hurt. I couldn’t believe how easily i did it to myself with someone else pulling my greed strings. It made me very determined to learn as much as I could as quickly as possible.
This teaching and the incentives that come with it are long overdue and I think are a great idea. Thank you
macdood.eth macdaddy

1 Like

We would be more than happy to provide a wireframe preview of the platform to all the doods who are interested. This would provide you with a better insight on how the platform would look & work.

1 Like

i am interested
thank you

1 Like

Please reach out to us on twitter @LearnJPEG and we will happily schedule a wireframe session.

Thank you for your reply. As someone new to NFT’ s the most important information to learn is the basic opsec needed to network and join discords. The importance of turning of DMs and why. Adding 2FA immediately. What the basic scams used against newbies is and how they target them.
How to set up a metamask wallet safely
How to set up emails and password protection basics
What social media is most often used to hack users …exampme telegram is so easy to hack without turning off basic settings upon setup an attacker can take over your phone and navigate within it to look at all your picture’s.
Most people take pictures of their seed phrases and think no one will ever see it.

Many hackers use this information and then track the user to see when they have enough value in their metamask to launch an attack.
Its heartbreaking
Teaching users to verify the ens of the eth address they are buying an NFT from.
This is such a new world it rapidly gets a bad name from people getting hacked and not learning about rugpulls and the basis of operational security
I am still learning myself.
I work from 4am to 6pm monday thru fri and then operating a small business on weekends leaves me little time to talk i. Discords and i miss out on opportunities in our communities.
Thank you for your efforts on behalf of our Doodle community
Macdood.eth
Macdaddy

1 Like

Thank you @macdaddy for sharing so many course ideas with us.
Trust me, these have all been added to our course list which we are working on.

Currently we have already started the development of our platform along with 2 web development agencies located in India & United Kingdom.

Meanwhile our team is currently working on compiling course content to publish to our platform once it is ready. We will surely use all your course ideas to either create a new course or merge it into an existing course.

We also have a very cool feature which would be initially available to our beta testers. This would allow our users to put in a course request along with a requirement list that they would like to learn from the course. This would be an Education on Demand addition to our platform and will also be completely free of cost.

UPDATES

• LearnJPEG has raised another 8 ETH. 4 ETH was contributed by me as the founder and another 4 ETH was raised from 2 investors…

• LearnJPEG Platform development has already begun. We have hired 2 companies for the development of the platform.

• Platform designs can now be viewed by visiting - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOKRY4yBtYZ622z3uB9VByw/videos

• Platform documentation has also begun and can be viewed at docs.learnjpeg.com (We decided to keep our documentation process open so that it can be seen & reviewed by many. Helping us clean it out before the product launch in 4-5 months.)

• We are only short of 7 ETH for our platform development and will be creating a preliminary proposal to ask all our fellow doods to fund it through the DoodleBank.

We have put up our preliminary proposal on snapshot.
https://snapshot.org/#/doodles.eth/proposal/0x60982f2266c162fd37f72d1ac51988cc2681c52ae7a7f5d009cd0f232085b9e5

We would like all our fellow DOODS to take part in this proposal by choosing either of the 2 Options:

• Approve – Move forward to bring NFT & Web3 education to the world.
  • Reject – I do not want to bring NFT & Web3 education to the world.
1 Like

We would love to get feedback/suggestions from :

Our founders @tulip @Poopie @Burnt

Members Active on the Forum @noohp @ayhth @Jingaling @Thegoodwei @jxl @kr3w @Wyatt

And all of our fellow doods. <3

Thank you for writing the proposal and kicking off snapshot

I’d love to take a deeper look after space doodles release

I think Doodles can make a friendly + accessible face for any edu tools

1 Like