One-Time Free to Claim Doodle Merch for Holders (Shipping Fee only)

tl;dr
As a token of appreciation especially to Doodles fam with a free merch or merch set per holders/doodles. Limited time to claim so easier to send the orders to supplier (presale style).

Overview:
1. Merch or Merch Set

• This can vary the Doodlebank’s budget

• Providing merch like one hoodie or tshirt ONLY will be cheaper than providing a set like hoodie + cap or tshirt + cap for a free to claim holders’ merch (Open to suggestions).

2. One claim per holder or per Doodles

• To make it a 10k free to claim actual IRL merchandise may sound absurd but atleast it is the most fair way to distribute so people with more doodles can qualify for more.

• Another option is to limit one claim per holder/wallet, however it is inevitable that holders will move their Doodles to different wallets to qualify for more merch.

3. Budget

• Assuming the cost for high quality merch for a hoodie is $50 , T-shirts at $25 and even cap/hat at $15, and 10k of the merch will be produced, the budget breakdown will be as follow:

(i) Merch only:
10,000 x $50 = $500,000 or 178ETH @$2.8k (Hoodie)
10,000 x $25 = $250,000 or 89ETH @$2.8k (T-shirt)
10,000x $15 = $150,000 or 53ETH @$2.8k (Cap/Hat)

(ii) Merch Set:
Hoodie + Cap = $650,000 or 232ETH @$2.8k
T-shirt + Cap = $400,000 or 143ETH @$2.8k
Hoodie + T-shirt = $750,000 or 268ETH @$2.8k

Budget: Duffel Bags (a big one)

Why?

The simplest reason I’d say is that it is sensible for a project with $5M in their Doodlebank to give back something to the holders as a ‘Thank You’ for joining, supporting and stayed with Doodles fam especially to the OG Doods for being here since Day 1.

Other than that, I have also looked into the 2022 monthly royalties that are getting into Doodlebank and it is safe to say Doodlebank is getting an average of 400ETH which is more than enough and the cost from this proposal can be recovered from a month’s worth of royalties, assuming the volume of doodles sale every month is as current condition.

Final Word

It is definitely a big transaction out from the Doodlebank just so holders can have fun with their merch but also for holders to keep on advocating Doodles in both Web3 and IRL space.

4 Likes

Im kinda split here… cause on one hand rationally I don’t think doodlebank should be used to just buy cool shit for holders, yet on the other, personally I haven’t gotten any thing cool for being a doodle holder for 5+ months especially as I am not able to attend any of the activations

I think overall it will be rejected tbh since its such a high % of our treasury without actually benefitting the overall brand or bringing in more income to the treasury

That said I really do wish lowkey really I could get something cool for being a doodle since day1 (apart from capital gains)

4 Likes

A few thoughts/questions

1. I’m assuming your price points are meant to cover some additional costs as well - as these prices are probably higher than product costs (I’m also assuming you are talking about the merch that has already been designed)

2. Why do you believe that holders need another “thank you”? We are about to get space doodles for free, we’ve been given access to countless wl, events, and probably more to come.

3. How does this help the vision:
    We want Doodles to bring the joy of NFTs to millions of households worldwide . More simply, how does this help us become the next Disney?

Thanks for writing this up and giving the community something to consider!

2 Likes

Not a bad idea, but I think that IF we do a free merch reward, it should only be a five-panel cap/dad hat/beanie to keep the budget fairly small. I think we have been getting quite a lot of reward already in market value and now space.

Perhaps, if we’re going the merch route, the budget could be used to design a new merch product (like a sling bag) for the Doodle store that holders could get a discount for? A portion of the money earned from public merch sales goes back to the bank anyway, so this would be more of a free win for holders and the overall brand.

1 Like

It’s definitely a lot to take from Doodlebank, that’s straight up facts. Also, a simple hat or beanie can be the way for this proposal but then the question is HOW can this pay-shipping-only for holders be beneficial to Doodles?

My view is that this is not limited for holders to flex but assume if we opt to provide one claim per doodles, the ones with several doodles can actually gift their family, friends, colleagues or even some random person in the subway a ‘Doodles’. The Doodles brand will go far in terms of mainstream familiarity with our brand. But then why free? The holders can always buy more for family and friends if they really want to gift them right?

That is true but how many people are willing to spend on a $40 simple t-shirt just so they can spread out the word on a brand? Even a H&M sweatshirt costs $40 and that’s an established brand with high quality clothing. This may not bring much income to treasury but it sure can work for spreading the brand. Also, I believe people like you deserve to get something cool other than presale spots and spaceships :wink:

Love the questions! I’ll answer this one by one.

1. My proposal assumes that the costs are just product costs and also assuming that the merch are already designed. The holders will bear the shipping costs. I also assume the highest cost possible but if the cost is lower, then that’s better.

2. My view is that spaceship doodles is already part of the plan for the expansion of Doodles’ universe and presale spots to amazing projects is mostly from the amazing community we have but also gotta be honest, not everyone got the presale spots right. This is a nice touch to give to all holders an IRL item and can also be kept as memorabilia for being part of this community IRL.

3. I have answered this on Clout’s reply, so I’ll just say it here again.

My view is that this is not limited for holders to flex but assume if we opt to provide one claim per doodles, the ones with several doodles can actually gift their family, friends, colleagues or even some random person in the subway a ‘Doodles’. The Doodles brand will go far in terms of mainstream familiarity with our brand. But then why free? The holders can always buy more for family and friends if they really want to gift them right?

That is true but how many people are willing to spend on a $40 simple t-shirt just so they can spread out the word on a brand? Even a H&M sweatshirt costs $40 and that’s an established brand with high quality clothing. This may not bring much income to treasury but it sure can work for spreading the brand. Also, I believe people like you deserve to get something cool other than presale spots and spaceships :wink:

This is only one scenario to it. Will this make us Disney by next year? For sure no, but I believe in the power of word-to-mouth marketing and even if a person is not into Doodles, the very least is that the person is aware of Doodles as a brand.

It’s definitely something that would be cool and I love to hear the community’s thought!

I definitely agree with you, the lower the cost the better so that lead us to cap/dad hat and beanies. Of course, the value of our Doodles is already a reward we get but an actual gift from the team is definitely something I’d personally cherish especially to those who’ve been with the team since Day 1.

That’s also a good suggestion actually for holders to get discount price from the Doodle store, i love that.

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together!

As a multi-holder I certainly wouldn’t mind getting some more merch, but I worry about a few things.

1. Just a few weeks back we were able to purchase merch from the team, and I know it wasn’t exclusive merch, but I’ve got to imagine a lot of people got their fill.

2. I don’t think all holders value merch equally, some might really want it, while others don’t care.

3. It is a very large chunk of the budget

4. What happens if we run into the whole like and dislike of designs again where this proposal goes through but half of us disagree with the design, etc.

Not trying to burst your bubble, I appreciate the proposal and the idea, but given these points I would personally be hesitant on this idea.

Updates to the proposal that might tip me over to vote yes:

1. Show the designs ahead of time so we know what we would get

2. Limit one free per wallet (additional doodles held paid out of pocket)

Thanks!