Doodle ID for Kudos: #1954
I work at Rarible and I’m a Doodler, and I’d like to propose for Rarible to build a full-featured custom NFT marketplace for Doodles on the decentralized Rarible Protocol.
The Marketplace will feature all collections within the Doodles ecosystem (Doodles, Space Doodles, Genesis Box, Dooplicator & any future official collections) & have 0% marketplace fees.
The Doodles marketplace will feature:
- Fully open source code base and open API, supported by node service providers and Rarible which ensures composability
- Bids & purchases in $ETH and/or any ERC-20 token the community wishes to trade in
- Collection-wide offers (aka floor bids) to simplify trading and create feature parity with third party marketplaces
- Automatically imported listings from Rarible, OpenSea, LooksRare, X2Y2 (+ more marketplaces coming) to guarantee liquidity from Day 1
- Dedicated customer support via Zendesk & Rarible Discord
- Filters: ability to explore the collections & filter via Recently Listed, Lowest Price, Highest Price, etc.
- Collection Stats: options to show collection stats (e.g. Highest Sale, Number of Items, Number Owners, Volume)
- Activity: option to display historical activity information(sales, bids,…)
- On-chain order book that enables future integration of orders, bids and offers into any dApp
- Secure hosting on a doodles.app subdomain or separately purchased domain
- Capability to add new blockchains supported by Rarible Protocol (Ethereum, Polygon, Immutable X, Solana, Tezos, Flow)
Why: Doodles is a pioneering collection and promises to onboard millions of new users to web3. This is why members of Rarible’s leadership team own Doodles and why we want to help the community grow by creating an integrated trading experience.
Buying and selling Doodles on third-party marketplaces has downsides:
- Each marketplace takes a fixed transaction fee (2-2.5% on average). These funds are externalities which do not benefit the community.
- With valuable assets such as Doodles, abuse of reporting features and arbitrary locking of NFTs creates opportunities for censorship and targeted attacks.
- Dependence on centralized entities creates risks when platforms raise fees, shut down or otherwise stop serving the interests of the project and its community.
Inauthentic collections can deceive especially newer users into spending money on outright scams.
- Building an open-source, decentralized, community-owned marketplace which only lists authentic collections alleviates these concerns.
Timing: The proposal will be executed by the Rarible team within 4 weeks time.
Budget: 5 ETH to be reserved for dedicated customer support and future development of the marketplace.