TGID News: Community news, for doodlers by doodlers

TGID News Intro

TLDR;

TGID expands into a community-led media powerhouse, spotlighting community creators and aggregating Doodles content.

-Weekly fully animated news show

-Increased written content, newsletters & articles

-Awards Show & Talk Show

69ETH ask to fund our 4 person team for 6 months.

The Doodles brand and our community is expanding! As a byproduct of this growth it is becoming ever more difficult to stay on top of what is happening in the community without being on Twitter and Discord 24/7. Today, the quality and scope of your Doodles news awareness is a direct product of:

• How many Doodles you follow on socials

• How much time you spend in the Doodles Discord and on your twitter feed

• Your own investigative journalism skills

Being in a community with thousands of holders, soon to be millions, amazing content can get buried on a regular basis.

This begs the question: How can we stay up to date with everything that is going on with Doodles without spending hours on end scrolling on our phones?

The answer…TGID

Thanks God it’s Doodles began as a once weekly community-led twitter spaces. We now additionally publish a weekly newsletter, The TGIDigest.

We want to scale our offerings and take reporting Doodles community news to the next level.

If empowered by the Doodles community and the Doodlebank, TGID will become the premier Doodles community multimedia company. From quick tweets to long form audio content, TGID will produce it all.

Our expanded product line will include

• Our Flagship show, a weekly, fully animated news show on Youtube cohosted and produced by the team at Right Click, Save - NFT Podcast.

• A quarterly fully animated Community Awards Show and monthly fully animated Late Night Talk Show

• Short-form content on: Twitter, TikTok, Instagram and more

• The TGIDigest, our weekly newsletter

• OP-EDs, news articles, and additional publications

• Thanks God it’s Doodles, our weekly twitter spaces

• Our website, a hub to host all video, audio, and written media content

An expanded breakdown of our new video offerings:

• 15 to 20 minute newscast covering both community and official stories.

• We will alternate anchors and have customized sets that will thematically align to the specific segment being reported.

• Topics including: Lore + Artwork, Memes + Derivatives, Community Sentiment, IRL Community Meetups, Trait Sub-communities, and Team Updates.

• The set utilized in our pilot above is a proof of concept, but once we are funded we will be able to break ground on our dream studio!

• Frequency: Weekly

• 5 to 15 minute community awards ceremony, we can include winners fully-rigged animated Doodles accepting the awards, and or acceptance speeches

• Example categories for Doodies: top artist, top meme, best bargain, best thread

• Awards: Doodies as NFTs. Metadata displaying: who won it, what did they win it for, what quarter/year was it won

• Potential to host IRL Doodies at NFT event, with physical Doodies as prizes

• Frequency: Quarterly

• A 45 minute, interview style format, to provide a deeper dive into a particular Doodles subject or guest.

• Format: created as the Doodles version of the tonight show with a similar set and format

• Topics Including: Doodlebank proposals, prominent community leaders & artists, Doodles team members

• Frequency: once every four to six weeks

The mission is to help our community take the guess work out of finding the best Doodles content. More importantly, we will help community member’s work get the attention it deserves. In addition, we will compile sneak peeks and teasers from the founders and Doodles core/extended team so they don’t get lost in translation. We are aware that there is a gap in the narration of our community’s lore so we are taking it upon ourselves to play an active role in producing it.

Below we deep dive into why we think TGID deserves your vote by evaluating it against the six pillars of a successful Doodlebank proposal, as outlined by Rainbow Launch.

-Brand alignment

-The Doodlebank Ask

-Sustainability

-Return to the Doodlebank

-Community/Holder benefit

-Ability to execute/Feasibility

:rainbow: Brand Alignment

The Doodles Brand ethos

“Doodles is here to color our worlds

It is here to inspire us all to reconnect with our inner-child

To remind us we can do anything with the power of our imagination.”

• We believe that community recognition is undervalued and we aim to create an egalitarian platform to spotlight community efforts, whether large or small. Seeing your efforts or products highlighted is a sure-fire way to add some color to a doodler’s day.

• We think that the best way to broadcast the successes of the community and the team is through curated content, both Audio/Video and in written form.

• We believe that the TGID News Show will become a joyful staple within the Doodles storytelling universe. Our Doodles will be fully rigged and animated to truly bring our news reporting to life!

• We will be contracting prominent community artists to design our dynamic TGID News Studio, our thumbnails, and marketing assets. We have plans to upgrade and customize the studio for special events and holidays.

• We will ensure that we pay homage to Burnt Toast’s art style while also having fun incorporating our own creative twists. We are aiming for a top level of execution of our news product, our artwork needs to be as close to canon as the best of our community artists can achieve.

We are also building TGID News to support the team’s large scale endeavor to onboard millions onto the blockchain via Doodles 2. Our show can be consumed by anyone with access to Youtube.

We can play an integral role educating people on both ends of the web 3 knowledge spectrum about the Doodles ecosystem and our culture.

We think that newcomers’ first encounters with the Doodles brand should be through colorful, positive, and entertaining content. We will follow this mantra while making content that is educational to all, and symbiotic to our community creators.

There is so much talent, ambition, and creativity amongst the Doodles community and when packaged correctly we know it will appeal to a wider audience.

:classical_building:What is being asked from the Doodle Bank

We are asking for ≈69ETH from the Doodlebank.

Our ask will provide the TGID team with two quarters worth of capital to execute the initial plans and begin establishing additional revenue sources for sustained operation and expansion.

The budget will cover the creation of the following content:

• 48x TGID Articles

• 24x TGID Newsletters

• 24x Animated Episodes of TGID News

• 6x Animated Episodes of The Dood Show

• 2x Animated Episodes of The Doodies

The budget will be used for the following work:

Asset Creation, Recording Time, Audio Editing, Animation, Video Editing, Research, Script Writing, Article Writing, Newsletter, Guest Acquisition, Partnerships & Collaboration, Promo Materials, Social Media Management, Distribution, Web Development, Web Administration, Software & Hosting.

COSTS QUARTERLY 6 MONTHS
Animation Production $ 11,647.22 $ 23,294.44
Guest Acquisition / Partnerships / Collaborations $ 2,917.46 $ 5,834.92
Written Content $ 5,460.00 $ 10,920.00
Research $ 4,761.64 $ 9,523.28
Promo & Distribution $ 2,704.00 $ 5,408.00
Fixed - (Website / Hosting / Software) $ 2,000.00 $ 2,000.00
Contracted Assets $ 6,000.00 $ 12,000.00
Total $ 35,490.32 $ 68,980.64
Total + Contingency $ 38,329.55 $ 74,499.09

For accountability and transparency, we will have our payment disbursed to our team in a vested release held in a custodial wallet by Mushy. The initial payout of 34.5ETH will provide us with 3 months operating runway and be sent upon passing of quorum. We will then have the remaining 34.5 ETH disbursed once we have published 75% of our first quarter’s deliverables. (18 articles, 9 newsletters, 9 news episodes, 2 dood shows)

Assets will be converted to USDC and held in our gnosis safe: 0x65EAa778B7BfFDc942D6E93D96123B2de9fbc1D5. Payments (in USDC) will be disbursed biweekly to each team member from our gnosis safe to their personal wallets.

We hope this budget is comprehensive and demonstrates the scale of what is needed to accomplish what we have set out to do. This is why the Doodlebank is integral to what we are trying to bring to the community.

:recycle:Sustainability

We believe in the Doodles brand and its staying power in web 3 and beyond. We strive to always to be a positive force in the Doodles community, and to do that we take our sustainability and continued growth very seriously.

On our path to sustainability we have several revenue sources:

Primary being the main source of income, followed by secondary and tertiary.

Primary

Sponsorships

• Our ability to secure funding through sponsorships straight out of the gate is ameliorated by the fact RCSPOD’s Youtube channel has over 11k subscribers and has been building their brand for over a year already.

• In terms of selecting sponsors, we will be thoughtful to align with companies who fit into the segments they may sponsor. i.e.: a segment on IRL events sponsored by Fam, or a segment on Artwork sponsored by Foundation. We will do our best to conduct our due diligence and protect our audience when selecting strategic partners.

• We do not want sponsors to detract from the experience of TGID content but strategic partnerships will help us sustain and expand.

Secondary

Digital Collectibles

• We can create NFTs that provide early access to content, behind the scenes footage, exclusive memberships, opportunities to join us as an anchor on an episode, etc.

• We want to embody being a web 3 media company and create unique experiences that would be otherwise unachievable without token technology.

Tertiary

Merchandise

• Create physical merch that allows doodlers to showcase their fandom at irl events and in their everyday lives.

Other Social Platforms

• We will publish our animated content as shorter videos on: Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram. Publishing content on these additional platforms will open up additional opportunities for monetization and additional revenue.

As a Doodles community initiative and in line with our ethos, TGID will make a point of utilizing products and companies ran by doodlers when in need of services. We believe that this emphasis is an important way to serve and participate in our community.

:pig:Return to the Doodlebank

Our plan is to leave the Doodlebank better than we found it.

We will be donating:

• 50% of all sponsorship revenue

• This percentage will be halved every 12 months to account for growth of TGID, reductions will stop when the amount is 3.125%(4yrs or 48 months)

• 25% of all physical merchandise profits

• 25% of any digital collectible sales revenue

The idea being that even once we’ve become a self-sustaining entity, the Doodlebank will still benefit from its early support of TGID News.

:earth_americas:Community and Holder Benefit

TGID is by the community, for the community!

TGID content will be both entertaining and informative, but beyond that, a platform to recognize outstanding community members and their work!

We will have an open door where community members can approach us to be featured, interviewed or advertise with us, increasing the accessibility of media exposure to all doodlers.

We will save community member’s time without sacrificing their understanding of what went on each week in Doodles news. We will achieve this by doing the research and investigation for you. We will provide a curated, digestible, and high quality product week in, week out.

:crossed_swords:Ability to Execute/ Feasibility

The TGID team brings applicable experience, as well as enthusiasm and commitment that is made clear through their participation in the Doodles community.

RCSPOD: https://twitter.com/RCSpod

Calcio: https://twitter.com/CalcioNFT

• Founder of RCSPOD

• High end collectibles dealer for the past 5 years and hosted Right Click, Save Podcast for over a year.

Jimmy T: https://twitter.com/JimmyT_NFTs

• Founder of RCSPOD

• Degree in Video Production

• Worked as a Video editor, Motion Graphics Artist & Web Developer for more than 10 years.

• Animating for about 15 years as a hobby and freelance.

• Specializes in 2D animation but has some 3D experience too.

• Relevant Software expertise: Adobe After Effects, Character Animator, Premiere Pro & Photoshop and Blender.

TGID: https://twitter.com/TGIDoodles

• Weekly Doodles spaces + Newsletter (TGIDigest)

• Duration: 3 months, # of Episodes: 13

• Missed Episodes: 0, Length of Episodes: approximately 2 hours

Doodlifts: https://twitter.com/doodlifts

• Founder of TGIDoodles

• Founded first expansion of a substance abuse non-profit. Raised funds to open and maintain the program.

• Organized community events, doing community speeches to as many as 800 people. Established and maintained relationships with professionals in the behavioral health field, regularly speaking at community events on the behalf of other organizations.

• Founded doodlifts, a web 3 fitness brand that includes two social media accounts, a discord community as well as upcoming merchandise and IOS app.

Chef Tony: https://twitter.com/NFTonyP

• Founder of TGIDoodles

• Head of Community + Social Media at Noodles & House of Bandits

• Background in public policy, analyzing bills, applies that to investigating Doodles news, writing weekly newsletter, and cohosts weekly TGID spaces.

With the RCSPOD team having a great deal of experience in producing animated content, and the TGID team being tapped in to the forefront of Doodles research this conglomerate is a force to be reckoned with.

:eyes:Closing notes

• Thank you so much for reading our proposal! We hope that we have made a strong case for empowering us to embark on this amazing adventure.

• We hope the pillar based structure will be adopted by future doodlers, to create easier to digest Doodlebank proposals.

• We hope that the substantial size of our ask actually sets a precedent for our peers to pursue their dreams and empowers them to be ambitious.

:link:References

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/arts-and-design/multimedia-artists-and-animators.htm

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/media-and-communication/film-and-video-editors-and-camera-operators.htm

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/media-and-communication/reporters-correspondents-and-broadcast-news-analysts.htm

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/arts-and-design/graphic-designers.htm

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/media-and-communication/writers-and-authors.htm

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/Social-Media-Manager-Salary-per-Hour

15 Likes

yes, yes, and more yes! this is such a dope idea!

3 Likes

With Doodles’ ambition of being an entertainment conglomerate, having a structured community branch seems fundamental.

TGID team is solid. Put it to a vote.

3 Likes

Some of my thoughts I sent to the TGID gang prior to this posting:

While my focus is mostly on what I think is an unnecessary frequency of the content (I can’t imagine two articles, a newsletter, and a news show every week to contain much unique content), my goal is more so to find a spot where I think the proposal would have the best chances of being found reasonable and best understood.

Overall:

• Initial Impression: I think the proposal is a good and natural progression to what TGID is already up to, but I think the overall ask is a bit much and too expansive for an initial proposal that DB so far is not involved with. I’d expect a smaller proposal to do much better and then to leave room for possible future additions if necessary. Quorum is always the battle because the moment someone doesn’t support something, they’ll just not vote instead of voting no.
  • Financial Thoughts: Original ask was massive, what was the major change to have reduced it over 100ETH? Makes me wonder what was removed or what costs are necessary. With the changes I suggest below, I imagine the proposal can reach a more reasonable cost of product and still give room to properly fund/reward the team behind it.
  • Changes: Other than specifics mentioned below, I’d suggest re-considering the frequency of all ideas since they are meant to share to the community and/or provide updates; not much goes on for all of that all the time.
  • Focus on sustainability is good; I don’t have any specific recommendations around the return to DB but I do think you should reconsider those numbers and avenues. I’m unsure if sponsors would be as prevalent if they knew half of their sponsorship cost is going to DB (they’d assume you’re asking for more than usual because of that) and whatnot. Not my area of expertise but does raise some little alarms.

TGID News Show:

• Initial Impression: Pilot proof-of-concept is great, good example of the proposed show + use of the set. This inclusion is a HARD ask for DB imo. Asking DB to fund this news show would effectively brand it as the go-to and almost-official approved news show, “DB-approved/funded/built” has a lot to it and I’d personally be iffy of voting to nearly officialize a news show. Fits well within the parameters, but I imagine those that aren’t a fan of this more basic animation style would feel iffy putting the official DB/Doodles name on it.
  • Strongest: Customized set/art gives room for memes and shoutouts
  • Financial Thoughts: What are current expected costs of 24 episodes?
  • Changes: I’d be supportive of the News Show in a lower budget. I don’t think we need all three articles/newsletters/news show happening at once, I imagine most content would be repetitive.

The Doodies Awards Show:

• Initial Impression: I don’t think this is a necessary addition.
  • Strongest: Recognizing community.
  • Financial Thoughts: Cost here would be heavily dependent, but I don’t think a “big” award show is necessary or all too relevant. Community is too small for winners to not already be clear imo.
  • Changes: Remove or reduce budget/frequency. Maybe change to a SIMPLER “dood of the day” sort of thing to recognize someone every week as part of one of the other shows; would give room to recognize all sorts of things, even acts of kindness. Can even imagine a Doodies NFT w/ unique art given to someone for these as a personal collectible. Maybe a discord role, but that’d require some sort of council/vetting of winners so it’s not just a popularity/friends contest.

The Dood Show:

• Initial Impression: I suggest this being cut.
  • Strongest: Focus on specific topics, but I don’t think this show is needed for that. The other regular content can dedicate time to them since there isn’t much that goes on in every given week.
  • Financial Thoughts: Assume this isn’t the costliest part of the proposal, but I imagine its removal would help a lot in the fight for quorum.
  • Changes: I suggest this being cut.
8 Likes

Thanks Adam! super grateful for your support!:rainbow:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your support and twitter thread! We look forward to hearing community feedback and then we would love to get to work!!

1 Like

yes yes :fire::fire::fire:
love everything that you guys do

2 Likes

Thanks wizzy, love your artwork equally as much :rainbow::heart:

1 Like

:leafy_green::leafy_green::leafy_green:lettuce build plz

Looks RARE-ible. Thanks sir :partying_face:

Now is the time to build, let’s Dood this!

2 Likes

Yess! Thanks TPan! we appreciate you!

1 Like

GM and thanks for the proposal TGID team, love to read it.

Things that I personally highlight:

1. Current TGID Engagement & TGID brand development
    It seems to me that TGID main goal is to be an anchor news for the doodles community. But not so many might have awared of its existance and goals. For instance, I’ve been to several TGID spaces and the level of engagement or attraction to get doodles holder to join the space is kinda needs a lot of improvement.

-During live space probably around 15-25 people popped in.
-Recording probably around 75-100 people popped in.

The above plan is fantastic but I haven’t seen the tangible efforts on how to increase the traction from doodles holder at first as I personally thought the above plan could only work if there are more doodles holder that are aware of TGID + Right Click Save (“RCS”) podcast. This is pivotal. I am a bit worried that not so many doodles holder have read/watched TGID even though TGID contents are fantastic due to lack of awareness.

1. Activities
    TGID news show : love the idea. Add subtitles + a short TGID ads before the show.
    Community award : quarterly seems too long especially in this space. Every 1 month probably?
    TGIDigest : weekly newsletter is fine but what about to cover the “hot news”? As you want to publish it as soon as possible. Is it through OP-EDs (no idea what this stands for)?
    Weekly twitter space : put a written regular time schedule in discord / twitter so people are aware of TGID space e.g., Friday at 8AM-9AM UTC.

I suggest there is an exact plan on when to host / to publish each activities. Not only it gives us a better picture on what TGID gonna do, but also it makes TGID brand more profesional and reliable so doodles holder would use its platform more.

1. Relation with JKB
    JKB is also heading to a same direction and I could see there is a potential friction on this field and it wont be nice within the doodles community.

2. Revenue Stream - related to sustainability
    Sponsorships - Expand the sponsorships horizon. For example:

• Doodles community have many commissioned-art artists. TGID could be their platform to market their services.

• New project that want to mint. Do a deep research on those projects and they could market their project in TGID and in return, TGID could get free NFTs / WL spots / even $.

Digital Collectibles
Not a fan of TGID creating digital collectibles.

Merchandise
Not a fan of TGID creating merchandise.

Goodluck TGID! Happy to discuss further!

First off, thanks Mushy for taking part in our pre-public feedback rounds!

I will try to take your feedback point by point and see if there is room for improvement or additional explanation.

While my focus is mostly on what I think is an unnecessary frequency of the content (I can’t imagine two articles, a newsletter, and a news show every week to contain much unique content

To address your first point about frequency of content and it being repetitive. I think you are right in a sense. Some of our content will overlap, in that the content we cover on the newsletter and the news show will be similar if not identical. I think our thought process is to create multiple touch points to reach a variety of content consumers. We know that some people will never read our articles or newsletters but may be ardent watchers of the news show and vice versa. We believe that the variety of content will increase our reach on multiple platforms. We believe that the multiple approaches and styles will create a vibrant “lived in” universe. As far as availability of unique content to cover, we have recently had to limit our weekly live show to two hours because there is too much content to cover. I think that speaks to the amount of unique content available in the doodles community, in the middle of a bear no less.

Overall:

Initial Impression: I think the proposal is a good and natural progression to what TGID is already up to, but I think the overall ask is a bit much and too expansive for an initial proposal that DB so far is not involved with. I’d expect a smaller proposal to do much better and then to leave room for possible future additions if necessary. Quorum is always the battle because the moment someone doesn’t support something, they’ll just not vote instead of voting no.

• I hear you in that quorum is a battle. We do really believe that these multiple vectors will produce the best product for the community. Believe it or not this is a scaled down version of our original vision. We believe this pilot is a reasonable start, but if the community doesn’t support it we are open to a new approach.

Financial Thoughts: Original ask was massive, what was the major change to have reduced it over 100ETH? Makes me wonder what was removed or what costs are necessary. With the changes I suggest below, I imagine the proposal can reach a more reasonable cost of product and still give room to properly fund/reward the team behind it.

• I know the original ask may have seemed large, it was 220eth to give context for those reading. In reality, for what we are even proposing now in market value it is not outlandish. For comparison, a single episode of an animated cartoon on a tv network can cost 150k per episode. But as far as what brought the cost down to the current ask, we didn’t just make the numbers up, which I think is important to know for those reading. The original ask was 220 eth for 12 months, cut in half is 110 eth, minus 16 for travel because we originally intended on live reporting at activations, and this one was a oversight, we originally were referencing BLS data as net income instead of gross so take 30% or 33 eth off that we had accounted for taxes, which puts us at 66 eth and we had some upfront asset creation costs that were front loaded so we ended up at 69eth. I only go into detail because when people see drastic cuts they assume we just decided we could do it with less money or we were being greedy, this was not the case.

Changes: Other than specifics mentioned below, I’d suggest re-considering the frequency of all ideas since they are meant to share to the community and/or provide updates; not much goes on for all of that all the time.

• As far as not that much going on, referencing the point above. I think curating which content to cut and not feature will be more of the problem than scarcity of material.

Focus on sustainability is good; I don’t have any specific recommendations around the return to DB but I do think you should reconsider those numbers and avenues. I’m unsure if sponsors would be as prevalent if they knew half of their sponsorship cost is going to DB (they’d assume you’re asking for more than usual because of that) and whatnot. Not my area of expertise but does raise some little alarms.

• The sponsorship concern is valid and we hopefully can reach out to some industry experts to get their take on this, with a grain of salt because this is unchartered territory.

TGID News Show:

Initial Impression: Pilot proof-of-concept is great, good example of the proposed show + use of the set. This inclusion is a HARD ask for DB imo. Asking DB to fund this news show would effectively brand it as the go-to and almost-official approved news show, “DB-approved/funded/built” has a lot to it and I’d personally be iffy of voting to nearly officialize a news show. Fits well within the parameters, but I imagine those that aren’t a fan of this more basic animation style would feel iffy putting the official DB/Doodles name on it.

• I see your point about the animation being a little slower pace than thee typical doodles trailers that we have seen thus far. We believe there is a place for this style of content but ultimately the community will let us know if there is a appetite for this.

• To address your point about community-led news as a point of contention, this is a valid concern. People have pointed out that maybe the team should fill this role. I would say that it is very rare for any company to take the time and effort to highlight their community at the level we are proposing. Maybe a better lens would be thinking of it as the Doodlebank is enabling the community to highlight each-other, leveraging the superpowers of the community is what the Doodlebank is for, imo.

Financial Thoughts: What are current expected costs of 24 episodes?

• Costs for 24 episodes out right which is tough to discern due to all of us wearing many hats may be around 45-50k

Changes: I’d be supportive of the News Show in a lower budget. I don’t think we need all three articles/newsletters/news show happening at once, I imagine most content would be repetitive.

• As far as the repetitive concern, I see your critique but don’t share that concern. Once again though we are open to community input on that topic.

Doodies Award Show

Financial Thoughts: Cost here would be heavily dependent, but I don’t think a “big” award show is necessary or all too relevant. Community is too small for winners to not already be clear imo.

• I think the critique that the community is too small and the winners would be clear does not feel accurate to me. Possibly conceding that it is the case, I think holding up community members in a fun way is a continuation of the Doodles Ethos.

Changes: Remove or reduce budget/frequency. Maybe change to a SIMPLER “dood of the day” sort of thing to recognize someone every week as part of one of the other shows; would give room to recognize all sorts of things, even acts of kindness. Can even imagine a Doodies NFT w/ unique art given to someone for these as a personal collectible. Maybe a discord role, but that’d require some sort of council/vetting of winners so it’s not just a popularity/friends contest.

• Including the doodies as part of the other shows is a potential option but does not reduce the animation cost. If the community feels like this awards show does not resonate with them, we will hear that criticism.

• We would love to see the doodies grow into a live event. As someone who has put on small awards ceremonies that are modeled off the Offices’ Dundies, they are a lot of fun and a great way to build community.

The Dood Show

• Initial Impression: I suggest this being cut.
  • Strongest: Focus on specific topics, but I don’t think this show is needed for that. The other regular content can dedicate time to them since there isn’t much that goes on in every given week.
  • Financial Thoughts: Assume this isn’t the costliest part of the proposal, but I imagine its removal would help a lot in the fight for quorum.
  • Changes: I suggest this being cut.
  • We have internally been using the tagline “We have 10,000 stories to tell.” While we know that there aren’t 10,000 unique holders currently, and we admit that this is sentiment has childlike naïveté. We feel like this imaginative optimism is the embodiment of what Doodles is all about. We think having a long form venue where people can tell their stories and see themselves animated as their doodle is powerful.

I really want to thank you Mushy for taking the time to write out your critiques, I know you are very busy. I know this may have seemed like we were defending out proposal at every turn, but we really believe that it is great and believe that it will be great for the community. So if we have changed your mind with any of this please let us know, but if you are still left wanting clarity or answers, let’s keep the discussion going. You’re the best CM Mush and thanks again.

2 Likes

Been a fan for months now! Look forward to voting Yes on this!

2 Likes

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I’m really glad you doods are swinging more of your weight into this initiative.

I have more clarity now on the business model and the ask (which is more reasonable). I’d potentially echo Mushy’s thoughts in that this feels like quite the ambitious jump in project scope and number of deliverables (across a whole year no less).

In that regard, it might make sense to either reduce the scope of the work throughout the year and/or reduce the amount of time you’re seeking funding for the pilot.

Really glad to see where it is headed. Thoroughly support you and this initiative, no matter what its initial Doodlebank-funded iteration looks like.

Go TGID!

2 Likes

Thanks Aaron!! We appreciate your support!

2 Likes

Hi Goku, can’t thank you enough for participating in the discourse. Similar to our response to Mushy, Let’s try to go by point by point. If something could use some additional context or explanation I will attempt to do so.

1. Current TGID Engagement & TGID brand development
    It seems to me that TGID main goal is to be an anchor news for the doodles community. But not so many might have awared of its existance and goals. For instance, I’ve been to several TGID spaces and the level of engagement or attraction to get doodles holder to join the space is kinda needs a lot of improvement.

-During live space probably around 15-25 people popped in.
-Recording probably around 75-100 people popped in.

The above plan is fantastic but I haven’t seen the tangible efforts on how to increase the traction from doodles holder at first as I personally thought the above plan could only work if there are more doodles holder that are aware of TGID + Right Click Save (“RCS”) podcast. This is pivotal. I am a bit worried that not so many doodles holder have read/watched TGID even though TGID contents are fantastic due to lack of awareness.

I appreciate you doing your research in regards to the current TGID viewership! You are absolutely right, in that our viewership is not much compared to something viral on Tik tok and the like. Our main explanation of this would be that with TGID currently, Tony and I have not put forth an effort to grow our viewership. Any growth we have had up until this point is purely organic, we have not tried to implement any growth tactics or hacks or the like. I may be overly optimistic but I see this as a positive to showcase our untapped potential. That all being said, this partnership with RCSPod is made even more valuable. RCSPod has a great track record in the space, not only in their consistency but in their viewership. They hosted an interview of Doodles founder Evan Keast 6 months ago with 4.9k views, 2 Doodles explainers (one with 2.4k, and another with 14k views), and most recently an interview with Animation Director Alfie Motion (3 weeks ago with 1.6k views). I bring up these stats to demonstrate that the RCSPOD channel’s Doodles-related is clearly reaching a larger audience than we are currently. So once again, I think the combination of our forces will be potent. Lastly, and I hesitate to write this, but we really are early, so the point of this pilot is to provide a great product for those already here, but also to be the beginning of a robust media company for the millions of Doodles to come.

1. Activities
    TGID news show : love the idea. Add subtitles + a short TGID ads before the show.
    Community award : quarterly seems too long especially in this space. Every 1 month probably?
    TGIDigest : weekly newsletter is fine but what about to cover the “hot news”? As you want to publish it as soon as possible. Is it through OP-EDs (no idea what this stands for)?
    Weekly twitter space : put a written regular time schedule in discord / twitter so people are aware of TGID space e.g., Friday at 8AM-9AM UTC.

I suggest there is an exact plan on when to host / to publish each activities. Not only it gives us a better picture on what TGID gonna do, but also it makes TGID brand more profesional and reliable so doodles holder would use its platform more.

• Thanks for the suggestion of subtitles, this is important for using in short form content and it is important for our content to be inclusive, so thank you for this suggestion.
  • The suggestion of increasing the frequency of the awards show is something we could look into in the future, but at this point listening to community feedback I don’t think we are looking to expand the scope of the proposal. But potentially riffing off one of Mushy’s earlier ideas, we could find a way to more formally recognize community member that is somewhere between the doodies and a news show mention. This is something we will think on for sure!
  • “hot news” or expanded articles will be written so we can keep the community up to date as well as deeply informed. A OP-ED is an opinion article so that would be the kind of article I believe you are asking for!
  • The written regular time for our twitter space is posted on twitter, fam(the official doodles community calendar, as well as the Post-its channel in discord. but if you believe there are additional places we should post our times please let us know.
  1. Relation with JKB
    JKB is also heading to a same direction and I could see there is a potential friction on this field and it wont be nice within the doodles community.
  • I wouldn’t say that JKB is necessarily heading in the same direction. In the sense that we both host twitter spaces where the audience is comprised of Doodles I would agree that we share that quality. We are huge fans of JKB, aka JKBBs😂. Ultimately I think there is enough room at the table for everybody in the same way that there are countless blogs and youtube channels strictly that cover apple products alone. All creators provide a different take or tone on topics and I think it’s important for us to have multiple content creators in the community. We are interested in building the community up, there is no competitive spirit between us.
  1. Revenue Stream - related to sustainability
    4.Sponsorships* - Expand the sponsorships horizon. For example:
  • Doodles community have many commissioned-art artists. TGID could be their platform to market their services.
  • New project that want to mint. Do a deep research on those projects and they could market their project in TGID and in return, TGID could get free NFTs / WL spots / even $.
  • I think you nailed it, we want to highlight community artists so that they can be more successful! We want to do this by highlighting their work on the news show as well as letting people get to know the artists in depth using our talk show platform. An artist can add “doodie award winning artist” to their portfolio! So we absolutely want to contribute to the success of our community artists. It should also be said that we will be relying on community artists for a few of our illustration assets so artists will financially benefit directly from working with us.
  • As the lines blur between projects and companies I am sure we will find ourselves looking to partner with companies and brands that have web3 components and we would hope to advertise useful products to our viewers. We want to be careful about advertising “projects” because we want to operate with the highest integrity. I say this because don’t expect us to be making shilly tweets about projects at the expense of our audience. TGID news is for doodlers by doodlers, this is our community too and we always want to do right by them.

Digital Collectibles
Not a fan of TGID creating digital collectibles.

Merchandise
Not a fan of TGID creating merchandise.

• I would like to hear more why your’e not a fan of TGID making digital collectibles. I wouldn’t want to go on a diatribe arguing against a straw-man I create for you, so maybe I can explain some of our reasoning. We think that having digital collectibles or NFTS will allow us to deepen our relationship with our audience by allowing us to create token-gated content, contest(like guest hosting an episode) and many more use cases. NFTs for audiences is an emerging way to identify cross pollination between audiences. For example, using wallet analytics, we may discover that a high percentage of our biggest fans, our nft holders, also hold tokens for a musical NFT artist, so maybe we make an intro track with that artists and airdrop a song to all of our holders. These things we may not be able to do without web3 insights. So we aren’t pumping out NFTs to pump our bags but to give us opportunities to engage with our audience that we wouldn’t otherwise be able to do.
  • In regards to merch. We want to offer the opportunity for people to showcase their fandom. This wont be limited to a crappy t-shirt but many ways people can engage. Merch costs aren’t in our proposal as we would most likely do those via pre-order or take on the risk ourselves. So if that is something you wouldn’t personally buy that’s totally okay!

Thanks for the well wishes Goku, hopefully we have been able to answer a few of your concerns, but lets keep talking! Let us know what you think!

2 Likes

Thanks Eyal! Yourself and the initiatives at the Wizzy ministry are an inspiration.

• To clarify the proposal as it stands now is for a 6 month Pilot. We agree that is quite ambitious for sure, but we are an ambitious bunch! Since this suggestion has been raised a few times about reduced the scope of the project maybe we can dig into that a little more.

• My question would be is it the financial ask or the scope that seems too large? From a financial perspective it does not actually save a large amount of money to cut off the awards show and the talk show since they are some of the least frequent components of the project.

• If the concern is financial, what would be an amount that would seem more palatable?

• If the concern is scope what approach to this project would you take?

Thanks again Eyal, your input will be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

thanks doodslift for the responses!

1. Agreed. Gotta push and make it happen so many doods + non-doods + normies to engage with TGID platform!

2. Bullet #1-3 is clear. Bullet #4, how about GM-fam? And maybe reminder like 10 mins in gen-hall, doods hall, rainbow hall prior to the space?

3. Good to hear!

4.Agreed. In regards to the #2 point, my main point is there is an opportunity for TGID to generate the revenue from ads so TGID could constantly operates after 6mos and is no longer depending on doodlesbank. Its just an idea though as usually new projects want to get public awareness.

1. It seems to me that everyone is literally creating digital collectibles and merch. I do not have a precise / concrete idea atm, but those two things are very common things now.

Good luck TGID team!! A potential project within doodles community!! Make it happen and execute it properly brotherman!

1 Like