Our team would like to champion non-dilutive pixel art and animations for every Doodle to be integrated into Worldwide Webb3 (www3) or other pixel-based metaverses or games.
What’s up Doodles! We are excited to introduce our team to the community! We bring together two life-long friends Sumiez (Doodle #9054) and Zach (Doodle #7525) with designer and pixel artist Favicon. Sumiez comes from the bay area, Favicon from New Jersey, and Zach from the Big Island of Hawaii. We want to use our diverse backgrounds and professional expertise to create something special for the Doodles!
We love our Doodles, and we also love the pixels.
Pixel art provides a quick and simple method for Doodles to join the metaverse.
To accomplish this, we need spritesheets to lay out the sequence of images that animate your Doodle.
Here is an example of what a spritesheet and the concept animation would look:
Projects such as www3 can pull this spritesheet through API to bring our animation to their game or metaverse.
In addition to the spritesheet, all doodle holders will be provided a location to download their animated gif and still pixel Doodle images.
There will not be a mint from this project!
Value and Opportunity
There are several opportunities that become available by producing this pixel art:
More art, more fun!
- We simply believe that this art style is beautiful and has endless potential for creatives to build upon.
- We plan to collaborate with Burnt Toast and the core team to make sure our final art and animations are consistent with their Doodles vision.
- Imagine how much fun our Doodles could bring to www3!
- The ability to use your Doodle as your identity in the pixel metaverse will provide immediate value to anyone interested in this space or artwork.
- Pixel art can be integrated into collaborative projects at a strikingly fast rate due to the lesser labor requirement.
- Just as early video games relied on pixel art, we believe that the first mainstream iterations of the metaverse/web3 will also be through pixel art.
- This pixel artwork will not be a dilutive derivative project, rather, an initiative to contribute another layer of value tied to every individual doodle.
- These files will be generated for all 10,000 Doodles already in existence and tied back to their root nft.
- This means you will receive the exact same properties/traits of the Doodles you currently hold and enjoy.
- The deliverable item will be an image directory containing your spritesheet and walk animation linked to each unique doodle.
- Doodles should pursue this opportunity to expand our brand in the metaverse/web3. The greater presence that the Doodles community has within this medium, the greater potential to generate revenue through branding.
- Ad revenue is generally based on how much traffic a particular brand or event can generate. Over a longer-term trajectory, we can reasonably expect a positive trend of users engaging in the metaverse.
Our team has identified the following challenges that may impact the project:
- We expect to outsource programming aspects on an ad hoc basis or expand our working group.
- Our team members have full-time careers and the project’s scope is quite significant.
- Www3 may not reach its full potential and alternatives may not be readily available.
We have access to the skills and resources needed to address these challenges. In order to deliver a high-quality and consistent product, we hope to collaborate with the community and the core team. Please help us out with feedback and ideas!
The total expense to produce a spritesheet and walk animation for the Doodles collection is projected at 25 eth. We would like to propose our project is funded over multiple draw phases based on deliverables agreed upon with the core team. We will rely on multisig wallets to ensure that spending activities are reviewed and approved by the core team. The anticipated time-frame will be approximately 3 months from passing the preliminary snapshot (of course we’ll try our best to expedite it).
If you made it this far, thanks for reading! I hope we were able to provide you with a clear overview of our project and that our teasers brought a smile to your face. This is the first step of what we think could be something really great.
Our team sees a truly exciting vision of Doodles in a pixel metaverse. From playing games, building quests, attending community events, flexing your NFT collection, or selling Doodles merchandise, the possibilities are endless. Combined with the simple fun pixel art, we can make it all happen sooner than you think.
We would love an opportunity to work with the core team and community to build this vision.