The Ministry of Wizard Doodles is extremely proud to present its official proposal for the inaugural Triwizzy Tournament!
The below is a condensed version of our proposal for your convenience. The ministry has prepared a comprehensive proposal which you can read here — all details can be found within.
The Triwizzy Tournament is an annual creative competition organized by the Ministry of Wizard Doodles which aims to highlight and reward each year’s very best creative talents across Web3.
It is an inclusive, token-gated activation for all members of the Doodle Universe and beyond!
Each year, the community will nominate Triwizzy champions to compete across creative challenges for the opportunity to win legendary prizes.
The inaugural tournament will consist of 3 challenges — Motion, Music, and Design — and will be launched with a free access token mint aimed at Doodles, Dooplicators and Genesis Box holders.
The access token will enable holders to access the Triwizzy Tournament website, vote for Triwizzy champions and signup to compete in the tournament.
Following the free mint, a public mint will allow the public to purchase the token to vote for champions or to compete in the tournament. Anybody can become a Triwizzy Champion!
The very talented NFT Broccoli and Bapling have prepared the infographics below to help you understand the timeline and structure of the tournament:
To commemorate the tournament and support competing artists, all challenge submissions will be auctioned off at the end of the tournament, with 90% of proceeds going to artists.
This year’s first prize will award a floor Doodle to each of the 3 winning submission artists!
Finally, the group of champions having won the most challenges by the end of the tournament will each be awarded the WizzyCup NFT.
- 3x Doodles, one to each challenge winner
- 9x Submission One-of-One NFTs auctioned
- 90% to submission creator
- 3x WizzyCup Trophy NFTs, one to each winning house champion
- 9x Champion Access Tokens, one per competing house champion
- 6x Genesis Boxes, one to each runner-up
To fund the creation and operation of the inaugural tournament, the wizards have budgeted this year’s tournament including awards, creative assets and engineering costs.
To successfully implement the proposal, we ask the community to release 60 ETH to the WizzyMinistry.eth community wallet to fund and kickoff this year’s activation.
- Award pool
- 3 floor doodles total → 30 ETH
- 6x Genesis Boxes → 2 ETH
- Operating costs
- Artwork → 10 ETH
- Development → 15 ETH
- Gas costs → 3 ETH
- Total Ask: 60 ETH
Some may ask how the Triwizzy Tournament benefits the Doodles community, which is legitimate. The wizards believe that a successful tournament lifts the tides for all boats:
- a yearly community-powered activation that all of web3 can look forward to
- a repeatable source of revenue for Doodlebank
- the tournament is an organic community onramp for folks within web3
- future activations will utilize the same collection to reactivate the community
- repeatable source of exposure for the Doodles brand without any recurring costs
Following a successful proposal and release of funds, the development for the mint web app and tournament web apps will begin.
Specifications for the web app are moving along, and can be shared for feedback/approval at the request of the founders.
Contract tests have already been successfully conducted and the collection is ready to deploy.
Specifically, the post-funding timeline is as follows:
- Finalize tournament spec
- Kickoff web app art projects per budget
- Kickoff web app engineering per budget
- Set launch date & tentative tournament timeline
- Open thread with founders for approvals
- QA & test net dry run
- Founder approval before a tournament announcement release
- Release contract on main net
- Kickoff tournament timeline
On behalf of all 74 wizard Doodles, thank you so much for your initial feedback and for motivating us to push this proposal to the community.
We’re excited by what this could become and look forward to organize the Triwizzy Tournament for the community year-after-year.
As a reminder, this post represents a condensed version of the full proposal, which we encourage you to read to get the full picture detailing how the wizards will execute this community activation.
Thank you for supporting our proposal!